Permits, Bonds & Fees

Permits & Fees

The Engineering Department handles a variety of permits and applications. On this page, you will find the current permit and bond applications along with the fees and requirements needed to apply for them. If you cannot find what you are looking for, please contact the Engineering staff at 260.748.7030. You may also find a document you are looking for on the Planning Department page.

Driveways, sidewalks, and temporary construction entrances require a Driveway / Sidewalk Permit for new or reconstruction projects.

Residential Driveways (per entrance)


Construction Driveways & Subdivision Entrances (per entrance)

Temporary Construction Entrances$150.00
New / Reconstruction without Taper Lines$250.00
New / Reconstruction with Taper Lines$500.00




The City also requires a bond for working within the City's right-of-way or doing work involving the City's sewer system. The company that is performing the work is liable and therefore required to be bonded with the City of New Haven as the certificate holder. Contact your insurance agency to acquire a bond if your company is not bonded with the City.

Damage / Requests for Restoration

If your private property is damaged by a private utility contractor during construction, contact the Project Manager of Engineering, Richard Krutchen. Providing details such as the contractor name, dates of construction or when damage occured, location and photos of the area before and after can also help speed the restoration process.

You can also make a report through New Haven's 311 platform SeeClickFix (below) by entering your address and then choosing the category "General Concern".