The Engineering Department is the City's contract manager for the construction of municipal utilities, roads, associated with redevelopment of aging City infrastructure, and new developments. Their mission is to provide efficient, centralized, and cost-effective services to the residents and businesses of New Haven.

The Engineering Department is responsible for the planning, coordination, and preparation of the City's bid procedures, estimates, plans, and specifications. They are also responsible for other design matters for public works construction and improvement projects for the City's sanitary sewers, storm drainage systems, street resurfacing and construction, and waterline projects. This provides core transportation, sanitation, and clean water services to residents and businesses.

Management & Preparation

  • manages engineering activities such as: surveying, mapping, subdivision, and plat review
  • prepares and monitors city infrastructure improvement grant applications
  • provides engineering reviews
  • assists in the operation, maintenance, and repair activities involving: conveyance, sewage collection, storage and distribution, and water transmission
  • provides estimates and forecasts for long-range planning
  • provides investigations for public works functions
  • investigates citizen complaints relating to public works activities

Reports & Budgeting

  • prepares written and verbal reports as requested
  • prepares and monitors the engineering department budget
  • supervises subordinate employees
  • attends City Council meetings and other public meetings as directed

**We have attached links to INDOT, Allen County Highway, Indiana Department of Environmental Management, and the MS4 website in hopes of providing residents with answers to questions we might not have the answer to on our website. If you are still not able to find what you are looking for, please contact the Engineering Department at 260-748-7030.

Report a Problem

Visit the Report a Problem on SeeClickFix 311 or use the app to report a streetlight out, road damage, or other issues. The designated department will receive a notification and will send a staff member to assess the situation. In emergencies, call 911.

Offer Suggestions for Improvements on State Roads

Indiana citizens can offer suggestions for improvements on the state roads through the Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT).