Can I report a street light being out?

The street lights in New Haven are maintained by the electric companies. If there is a street light out in your area, please contact the electric company directly and report the issue. Indiana Michigan Power (I&M) and Paulding Putnam are the two companies that provide electricity to New Haven. The Indiana Department of Transportation (INDOT) needs to be notified if the light is on highways such as:

  • S.R. 930
  • U.S. 24
  • U.S. 30
  • U.S. 469

If it is a decorative street lamp in the downtown area, New Haven Public Works will need to be contacted.

Show All Answers

1. Can I offer suggestions to the Indiana Department of Transportation for improvements on state roads?
2. Can I report a street light being out?
3. Do I need to be bonded with the City of New Haven?
4. What are the bridges in New Haven's inventory?
5. What are the truck routes for the City of New Haven?
6. What does the Engineering Department do?
7. Who do I contact for a street light that is not working properly?