How do I report a violation?

You may either email Code Enforcement or call  260-748-7061 to report a violation.

How Complaints Are Handled

Complaints are handled in a confidential, courteous manner. Code Enforcement will first verify the violation and then notify the property owner and explain the issue. Property owners are then given time to remedy the violation. While most property owners comply after the first notification, those who don't receive additional notifications and/or fines. In addition, some violations may be abated by the City at the owner's expense.

Show All Answers

1. I live in a subdivision with a Home Owners Association. Can the City enforce Association by-laws?
2. Can I park my semi-tractor or recreational vehicle on the street in front of my house?
3. How do I know if my complaint was acted upon?
4. How do I report a violation?
5. My neighbor leaves his trash can at the curb all week. Is this a violation?
6. The house next door is abandoned and the yard is overgrown. Can anything be done to clean it up?